07 October – Saturday – Toronto to Istanbul
- Leave Toronto for Istanbul
08 October – Sunday – Istanbul to Kathmandu
- Leave Istanbul for Kathmandu
09 October – Monday – Nepal – Kathmandu and Nagarkot
- Arrive in Kathmandu
- Leave for Nagarkot
- Nagarkot Guide
10 October – Tuesday – Nepal – Nagarkot
- Nagarkot panoramic hike
- This hike includes Nagarkot Nature Trail + Village Walk (starting from kartike village) + Panoramic Hiking Trail with 180 degree views of the stunning landscapes with lush greenery.
11 October – Wednesday – Nepal – Nagarkot·
- Nagarkot 360 degree view tower and village hiking trail.
- This is the highest point of Nagarkot commanding 360 degree panoramic views of the kathmandu valley in the west, himalayas in the north and deep lush jungles in the south and east.
12 October – Thursday – Nepal – Nagarkot and Dhulikel
- Nagarkot to Dhulikel hike.
- It is a panoramic trail in the valley rim and a part of Kathmandu valley cultural trekking trail with an altitudinal drop of 600 meters from Nagarkot (2100m) to Dhulikhel (1500m) above sea level.
- I will enjoy the stunning views of the eastern and central Himalayas.
- The highest peaks that can be seen here are Everest (8850m), Cho oyu (8), Manaslu (8156m), Annapurna(8010m), Dhaulagiri (8176m), shishapangma (8) along with lots of peaks above 7000 meters, 6000 meters. The crow fly distance of the mountains from Nagarkot ranges from 50km (jugal range of the nearest range of the Himalayas to the kathmandu valley) to 150km far (everest). Some famous that can be seen includes Numbur peak (6,958 m), melungtse (7200), gauri Shankar (7,134 m), dorje lakpa (6,966 m), langtang ri (7205 m), Phurbi Chyachu (6,722 m) , ganesh himal (7,422 m) , himalchuli (7900m), Gur Karpo Ri (6,874 m), Gyaltzen Peak (6,705 m) etc.
13 October – Friday – Nepal – Dhulikel and Kathmandu
- Explore old part of Dhulikhel
- Leave for Kathmandu
- Explore Kathmandu
14 October – Saturday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 1 of 14
- Explore Kathmandu
- Everest Base Camp (EBC) Trek meeting
15 October – Sunday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 2 of 14
- Flight to Lukla
- In Lukla, meet up with sherpa guides and porters before heading off on the trek towards Phakding
- Trek to Phakding
- Distance: 7.5 km
- Time: 3 to 4 hrs
- Starting elevation: 9,100 ft / 2,800 m / Ending elevation: 8,563 ft / 2,610 m
- Starting oxygen: 72% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 74% of sea level
- Follow the Dudh Kosi, the river that flows down from the Himalayas, crossing hanging bridges along the way. Pass camps and keep an eye out for the mani stones, which boulders carved with Buddhist inscriptions
16 October – Monday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 3 of 14
- Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- Distance covered: 7.4 km
- Time: 6hrs
- Starting elevation: 8,563 ft / 2,610 m / Ending elevation: 11,290 ft / 3,440 m
- Starting oxygen: 74% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 67% of sea level
17 October – Tuesday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 4 of 14
- Spend a day in Namche Bazaar acclimatizing to the altitude
- Distance covered: 0.0 km
- Time: 0hr
- Starting elevation: 11,290 ft / 3,440 m / Ending elevation: 11,290 ft / 3,440 m
- Starting oxygen: 67% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 67% of sea level
- ***Recommended for acclimatization****: Treks to the surrounding villages of Thame and Khumjung and keep your eyes open — this is the first opportunity to catch a glimpse of the peak of awesome Mt. Everest
18 October – Wednesday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 5 of 14
- Namche Bazaar to Thyangboche
- Distance covered: 9.2 km
- Time: 4hrs
- Starting elevation: 11,290 ft / 3,440 m / Ending elevation: 12,687 ft / 3,867 m
- Starting oxygen: 67% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 64% of sea level
- The route from Namche to Tengboche route is unbelievably beautiful – the Dudh Kosi is far below and Thamserku, Kantega, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, and Everest rise in front. Woods, rhododendron forests, mani walls, chorten (stupas), and suspension bridges across the river make this a lovely walk
19 October – Thursday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 6 of 14
- Thyangboche to Dingboche
- Distance covered: 10.8 km
- Time: 6hrs
- Starting elevation: 12,697 ft / 3,870 m / Ending elevation: 14,469 ft / 4,410 m
- Starting oxygen: 64% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 59% of sea level
- Stone steps lead down through rhododendrons, birches, and conifers where, due to the hunting ban, almost tame pheasants are regularly seen. At the bottom lies the small village of Deboche and its nunnery. Rising above the tree line, the trail enters alpine meadows of scrub juniper and, in summer, a profusion of wild flowers. From Dingboche, the only place in the region where barley is grown, the mountain views are outstanding.
20 October – Friday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 7 of 14
- Distance covered: 0 km
- Time: 0hrs
- Starting elevation: 14,469 ft / 4,410 m / Ending elevation: 14,469 ft / 4,410 m
- Starting oxygen: 59% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 59% of sea level
- ***Recommended for acclimatization****: Hike up the Imja Khola to Chhukung or Nagarzhang Peak, a small summer settlement from where stunning views of Island Peak, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and the fluted ice walls flanking the Amphu Lapcha pass can be seen. These views are one of the highlights of the entire trek
21 October – Saturday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 8 of 14
- Dingboche to Lobuche
- Distance: 7.0 km
- Time: 5 hrs
- Starting elevation: 14,469 ft / 4,410 m / Ending elevation: 16,142 ft / 4,920 m
- Starting oxygen: 59% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 56% of sea level
- The ascent towards Everest Base Camp continues through Alpine meadows and summer yak pastures towards the end of the moraine of the Khumbu Glacier. At the moraine, there are stone monuments to six sherpas who died in avalanche, as well as monuments to other climbers
- From here, it is a steep, tough climb towards the village of Gorak Shep
- Continue on towards Lobuche, where the view is straight towards Nuptse and the sunset is truly magnificent.
22 October – Sunday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 9 of 14
- Lobuche to Gorak Shep
- Distance: 4.3 km
- Time: 3 hrs
- Starting elevation: 16,142 ft / 4,920 m / Ending elevation: 16,863 ft / 5,140 m
- Starting oxygen: 56% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 54% of sea level
- The higher altitude makes this day’s trekking quite challenging. The Changri Glacier looms ahead as the trek heads for Gorakshep, a small, usually frozen, lake, by lunchtime.
- Relax and get adjusted to the altitude before the attempt to reach Everest Base Camp.
- Gorak Shep to Everest Base Camp
- Distance: 3.5 km
- Time: 2h 00m to EBC (4h 30m roundtrip)
- Starting elevation: 16,863 ft / 5,140 m / Ending elevation: 17,598 ft / 5,364 m
- Starting oxygen: 54% of sea level / Ending oxygen: 53% of sea level
- After lunch, trek to Everest Base Camp. The route follows the Khumbu Glacier with its intriguing 15m (49ft)-high seraces of ice, a feature unique to Himalayan glaciers
- Return to Gorakshep for an overnight stay
23 October – Monday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 10 of 14
- Gorak Shep to Kala Pattar to Pheriche
- Try to see a different view of Everest today, with a trek up to Kala Pattar. Known to have the best views of Everest, this is a challenging trek, but worth it on a clear day.
- Time: 2.5 hrs
- Begin the descent from Kala Pattar, heading for Pheriche. This is not the most challenging of hikes, but the altitude can make the many uphill sections below Gorakshep seem tough. Stop to look around; the views are quite spectacular.
- Distance: 15km
- Time: 8 hrs
24 October – Tuesday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 11 of 14
- Pheriche to Thyangboche
- Time: 5 to 6 hrs
- Descend the Imja Khola past Pangboche, the highest permanent settlement in the region. Its gompa, the oldest in Khumbu, is built over the hermitage of Khumbu’s saint, Lama Sanga Dorje. The juniper trees on either side are said to have sprung from hair cut from his head, and a rock-like projection is said to be a piece of mountainside he pulled out for protection one day.
25 October – Wednesday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 12 of 14
- Thyangboche to Monjo
- Distance: 16 to 17 km
- Time: 9 hrs
- Continue the downhill descent from Thyangboche, heading for Monjo. Follow the ascents and descents on the path and enjoy the view.
26 October – Thursday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 13 of 14
- Monjo to Lukla
- Distance: 16 km
- Time: 7 hrs
- The final day of my trek takes me back to Lukla, where I will have a chance to relax after the rigorous adventure I just undertook.
27 October – Thursday – Nepal – EBC Trek Day 14 of 14
- Fly to Kathmandu
- Day of rest in Kathmandu